Britney Spears On Amercian Idol?

American Idol Executive Producer NIGEL LYTHGOE spoke with reporters and told them he would not be using the "mentors" as in the past. But from the ones they will select, Britney will not be an option.

"I would have had Britney Spears last year, for sure, when I thought she was trying to get it all back together again," Lythgoe commented. "Britney, at this moment in time, I don't think is well enough to do anything. I think she needs looking after, rather than being pushed in front of cameras, or pushing herself in front of cameras. I think she needs to pull herself together."

he also added that she is "exceptionally talented girl and was extremely professional. She needs taking care of right now." Talented? Well, I guess she is a good lip sync-er.

He said he has 2 major artists that will be appearing in the 7th season but is not disclosing their names."I am absolutely thrilled, but I need to save some for the series to shock you all."

American Idol will return with a a two-night, four-hour premiere on Tuesday, Jan. 15 and Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2008, at 8 p.m. both nights, on FOX.

No comments: