Nick Lachey's Choir Wins

Nick Lachey's choir beat out four other choirs that were all led by a music celebrities. Each celeb had to go to their own home towns to find the talent and build their own choir. They performed and The viewers then were allowed to vote.

The winning choir would win $250,000 for the Celeb favorite charity. Nick has selected Children's Hospital Medical Center to win the money if his Choir was the winner. Which they were.

Nick went to Cincinnati Ohio and personally picked out 20 singers out of 350 who had auditioned for the chance to sing with Nick's Choir.

In an interview Nick said :"I've been blown away by my choir's poise. It's made up of amateur singers. They've never done this before," Lachey, 34, said on the show.

Patti LaBelle's hometown choir from Philly choir placed second and Blake Shelton's Oklahoma City choir was third. Also competing was Michael Bolton's New Haven, Conn., choir and Kelly Rowland's Houston choir.

Comments about Patti LaBelle were not favorable. Philly.com the Philadelphia Inquirer's Web site said that "LaBelle did not appear overly gracious about her loss".

"It was a ripoff -- somebody stole it from me," she said, "I'm still a winner, you know what I mean? I'm not taking anything away from Nick Lachey ... I'm 63, he's about 2. ... It's called Clash of the Choirs, not Clash of the Popularity."

Patty had chosen a charity to help black women with breast cancer, but since other women get breast cancer too it limited the voting. Whereas Nick had chosen a Charity that helped all races.

Reports of her behavior said she became very arrogant after the first show and progressively got worse. All she did was act like a spoiled brat.. I do believe God is trying to get her to practice a little bit of humility here. She needed a little thump on the head and I do believe she got it. I am also wondering if her choir is going to be on her next cd as she stated in the show.. I just bet not.

No comments: